Travelers looking for sun, sand, and water have long made St. Lucia, a charming island nation nestled in the eastern Caribbean Sea, a top choice.
However, St. Lucia has also become one of the most desirable locations for naturalization by investment in recent years. You will have access to several advantages as a resident of St. Lucia, including a robust economy, a beneficial tax system, and visa-free travel to more than 146 nations. St. Lucia also has a high quality of living, as well as world-class infrastructure, healthcare, and education.
St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment overview
The naturalization by investment program for St. Lucia was launched in 2015 to lure foreign capital and promote economic expansion. The program provides a quick and easy way to become a citizen, with processing taking 3 to 4 months on average.
You can travel to more than 146 countries without a visa if you are a resident of St. Lucia. You also have access to a fair tax system and a high standard of living.
St. Lucia provides several investment options, such as making a donation to the National Economic Fund, investing in pre-approved enterprise projects, or purchasing real estate. The minimum investment required varies depending on the chosen option but typically ranges from $100,000 to $300,000. St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment program is a popular choice for investors seeking a fast and efficient way to obtain second citizenship while also enjoying the many benefits of living in this idyllic island nation.
St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment key benefits
Some key benefits of St. Lucia citizenship by investment include:
1. Visa-free travel: St. Lucia passport holders can enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to over 140 countries, including the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
2. Fast processing time: The application process for St. Lucia citizenship by investment is relatively fast, with a turnaround time of approximately three to four months.
3. Dual citizenship: St. Lucia recognizes dual citizenship, which means investors can hold onto their original citizenship while also obtaining St. Lucia citizenship.
4. Tax advantages: St. Lucia has no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains taxes.
5. Family inclusion: The St. Lucia citizenship by investment program allows for the application to include dependent children, parents, and grandparents.
6. Real estate investment options: Investors can choose from a variety of real estate investment options, including hotel shares, condominiums, and undeveloped land.
7. Stable political and economic climate: St. Lucia has a stable and democratic government, a growing economy, and a welcoming business environment.
- Investment option: Applicants must choose one of the following investment options:
- A non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund (NEF), starting at $100,000 for a single applicant.
- An investment in pre-approved real estate, starting at $300,000 for a single applicant.
- An investment in a pre-approved enterprise project, starting at $3.5 million for a single applicant.
2. Age: Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
3. Background check: Applicants and their dependents over 16 must undergo a due diligence background check, including criminal and financial checks.
4. Health: Applicants and their dependents must be in good health and provide a medical certificate.
5. Residency: Applicants are not required to reside in St. Lucia before or after obtaining citizenship.
6. Funds: Applicants must provide evidence of the source of their funds for the investment, which must come from legal sources. Due Diligence and Processing Fees: $10,000-$60,000.
7. Application fees: Applicants must pay various fees associated with the application, including government fees, processing fees, and due diligence fees.
Process for obtaining St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment
To obtain St. Lucia citizenship through the citizenship by investment program, applicants must follow these steps:
1. Choose an investment option: As mentioned, applicants must choose one of the three investment options, which include a non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund, investment in pre-approved real estate, or investment in a pre-approved enterprise project.
2. Prepare documents: Applicants must gather and prepare all required documents, including a passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), proof of funds, and other supporting documents.
3. Apply: Applicants can submit their citizenship by investment application directly to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) or through an authorized agent. The application must include all required documents and payment of associated fees.
4. Due diligence checks: The CIU will conduct due diligence checks on the applicant and their dependents over the age of 16 to ensure they meet the program’s requirements.
5. Approval: Once the application is approved, the applicant must complete the investment within a specified timeframe, typically within six months of approval.
6. Citizenship certificate: After completing the investment, the applicant will receive a certificate of citizenship, which they can use to apply for a St. Lucia passport.