Jordan is a country with a rich history, beautiful landscapes, and a booming economy. In recent years, it has also become a popular destination for those seeking second citizenship through investment. The Jordanian government has introduced various initiatives to attract foreign investors and entrepreneurs, including the citizenship by investment program. This program offers a streamlined process for acquiring Jordanian citizenship and reaping the benefits of being a Jordanian citizen, such as visa-free travel to over 50 countries, access to high-quality healthcare and education, and a favorable business environment.
Jordan’s citizenship by investment program overview
The citizenship by investment initiative in Jordan, which was started in 2018, has grown in popularity over time. The program is made to entice international investors who are eager to become citizens of Jordan and support that nation’s economic development. Real estate, government bonds, and job creation are just a few of the investment choices available through the program.
Donors who satisfy the program’s criteria are given Jordanian citizenship and all of its advantages.
One of the main advantages of Jordanian citizenship is the ability to travel visa-free to over 50 countries, including the EU Schengen area, Hong Kong, and South Korea. This opens up new opportunities for investors who need to travel frequently for business or leisure. Additionally, Jordan is a member of the Arab League and has strong ties with other Arab countries, which can provide investors with a gateway to doing business in the Middle East and North Africa.
Another benefit of Jordanian citizenship is access to high-quality healthcare and education. Jordan has a well-developed healthcare system, with both public and private hospitals offering modern medical treatments and services. The country also has a strong education system, with several internationally recognized universities and schools. This can be particularly appealing to families who are looking for a better quality of life and education opportunities for their children.
Jordan also has an advantageous business atmosphere, with a pro-business government and a stable political and economic environment.
To attract foreign investment, the nation has put in place a number of economic reforms, such as tax breaks and streamlined company registration procedures. Jordan is a desirable location for businesses looking to establish operations in the region because of its highly educated, skilled labor force, which includes many professionals who speak English.
Jordan’s citizenship by investment program key benefits
One of the key benefits of the Jordan citizenship by investment program is that it allows for a relatively fast and efficient process of obtaining citizenship, which can be achieved in as little as six months. In addition, the program provides a range of investment options, including real estate, government bonds, and business investments, which can be tailored to suit the needs and preferences of individual investors.
Another key benefit of obtaining Jordanian citizenship through investment is the ability to enjoy visa-free travel to over 50 countries, including many of the most popular tourist and business destinations worldwide. This can be a major advantage for those who frequently travel for work or leisure, as it eliminates the need for time-consuming visa applications and approvals. Furthermore, Jordan is a member of several international organizations, including the United Nations and the World Trade Organization, which can provide additional benefits for investors, such as increased access to global markets and business opportunities.
Jordan’s citizenship by investment program offers a range of benefits for those looking to obtain a second citizenship, including a fast and efficient process, flexible investment options, and visa-free travel to many countries.
The Jordanian program’s emphasis on humanitarian and social causes, with funding going to assist various charitable initiatives in the nation like healthcare and education, is another distinctive feature.
The main requirements
Jordan offers citizenship by investment through its Jordan Investment Commission (JIC) program. The requirements for obtaining citizenship through this program include:
1. Investment: Invest 200,000 Jordan Dinars ($281. 969.20) in real estate and hold the property for ten years (have been approved only a few times); or
Place a zero-interest bank deposit of 1 million USD at the Central Bank of Jordan for a minimum of three years; or
Purchase treasury bonds valued at 1 million USD at an interest rate to be decided by the Central Bank of Jordan held for a minimum of six years; or
$1.5 million purchase of shares in a Jordan company, provided that the shares are not disposed of for at least three years; or
$750,000 investment in projects outside of Amman, provided that 10 job opportunities are provided to Jordanians or 1 million investments if within the borders of Amman and provided 20 job opportunities.
2. Background check: The applicant and their family members over the age of 16 must pass a background check conducted by the Jordanian authorities.
3. Health check: The applicant and their family members must undergo a health check to ensure they do not have any contagious diseases.
4. Residence requirement: The applicant must spend a minimum of 10 days in Jordan during the first year of obtaining citizenship and a minimum of 14 days every two years thereafter.
5. Other requirements: The applicant must have a valid passport, be of good character, and not have any criminal record.
It is important to note that the requirements for the JIC program may be subject to change, so it is essential to stay up-to-date on any updates or changes to the program.
Process of obtaining Jordan’s citizenship by investment program
The process of obtaining citizenship through the Jordan Investment Commission (JIC) program involves several steps.
- Consult with a reputable immigration agency, such as Empire Global, to understand the requirements and investment options.
- Make the necessary investment in an approved project, such as real estate or job creation, and obtain proof of the investment.
- Prepare and submit an application for citizenship to the Jordan Investment Commission, including all required documentation and fees.
- Undergo a thorough background check and security clearance process by the Jordanian government.
- Attend an interview and provide additional information and documentation as requested.
- Once approved, receive a Certificate of Naturalization and obtain a Jordanian passport.
- Fulfill any additional requirements, such as language proficiency or residency obligations, as required by the government.